Thursday, May 18, 2006

And if they introduce a caffiene-free version, the universe will respond by imploding


Coca-Cola BlāK
Coke Effervescence with Coffee Essence

You read that correctly. It's Coca-Cola, flavored with coffee extract. Carbonated coffee cola. Doesn't that sound delicious? (The answer I am thinking of is, "No.")

Coke BlāK reminds me of another product that I found a couple of years ago called 'Scoffee (I found the photo, not the product itself - don't ask why I still have the photo), although I can't seem to find any information about it tonight:

5 Talked Back:

At May 18, 2006 at 2:16:00 AM CDT, Blogger Samuel John Klein said...

Coffee bevvies are so touch and go. This one seems so behind the curve though...what took them so long?

Probably still licking thier wounds from the failed "guarána" beverage fad of a few years back.

And I finally understand why the name bothers me so much. They obviously (well, to me anyway) want you to pronounced it "black". However, the macron (that's the horizonal line over the "a") strongly suggests it ought to be pronounced with the long "a" sound:

"Coca Cola Blake".

Which would lead to some humorous (but lame) "who's on first" scenarios. Maybe.

 

At May 18, 2006 at 9:22:00 AM CDT, Blogger stan said...

The next great idea, and you heard it here first, is a sweetened, coffee-flavored powder that you sprinkle over your cereal or onto toast. Or put into your coffee.

Splenda BlāK

 

At May 18, 2006 at 12:47:00 PM CDT, Blogger Coley said...

I have actually tasted it. My initial response? YUCK! Coffee and Coke do NOT belong together!

On a second taste, I decided that if I really wanted a new addiction, I could probably develop a taste for it, but why make myself like something that I don't really care for?

The Coca-Cola company should just stick to inventing fruity flavored drinks and let Starbucks worry about the coffee industry!

 

At May 18, 2006 at 8:19:00 PM CDT, Blogger stan said...

Try Coca-Cola YūK today!

 

At May 19, 2006 at 3:55:00 PM CDT, Blogger Scott said...

Stan, I have actually tried it too, not only once but twice. Not sure if I like it. I do like coffee, and also like Coke, but not too sure about mixing them.

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home