Another test, this time with images.
Normally, when I upload a picture to the blog, I use the Add Image button, which brings up a new window. I browse to find the image I want to upload, then I choose where I want it positioned relative to the text, and I also choose what size I want the "thumbnail" image to be. THESE ARE NON-CRUCIAL STEPS, because I always end up peeling the URL of the image out of the code and pasting it where I really want it to go. And it's never been a problem before.
Well, this morning I was going to start posting the rest of my Joel and Steve comics, one by one, and I got hung up on the first one I tried. I uploaded the image as normal, but when I took the image URL out and pasted it where I needed it, it came up as a broken link. This makes no sense to me, because the image URL is straightforward. It starts with http:// and ends with .jpg, and the rest of the path looks okay, too (albeit with a lot more gobbledygook than it used to have...whereas before there were simple, numbered subfolders, now they are labeled with longer alphanumeric strings.)
So here's a test: I am going to upload an image, and it will be a clickable thumbnail image of something larger because Blogger forces you to do it that way. I will then copy the URL of the larger image out of the code (which is what I really want) and attempt to place it below the first image.
And there we have it. A broken link the second time.
The new Blogger sucks.