Monday, November 27, 2006

And in another 22 years, I'll probably be reporting from the equator

Over Thanksgiving weekend, I reached a new personal record for southern-ness. Not culturally speaking, although I did finally experience what Nicole says is officially the Deep South. This is strictly in geographical terms.

Previously, the furthest south I'd ever been was somewhere near San Diego in the summer of 1984. I don't know precisely where, on account of the fact that I was eleven years old and wasn't quite as much of a Google Maps geek as I am now.

Now, the record is a Valero gas station on the corner of 69th St. and Seawall Blvd. in Galveston, Texas. In fact, it's right here.

Gotta love those Maps.

1 Talked Back:

At December 5, 2006 at 9:39:00 PM CST, Blogger Jim said...

repeat again: "go to ocean in summertime"

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home