Monday, November 17, 2008

I'll bet this wasn't Dave's way


Is there some sort of company-wide rule at Wendy's that all drink orders are supposed to have the maximum amount of ice stuffed into each cup before the drink goes in it? I mean seriously, I just got a medium cup of lemonade at lunch, I have already drank it all in just a few swallows, and there's still a huge amount of ice left.

Come on, Wendy's, your drinks are the absolute least expensive food item you sell, and you already give them a ridiculous price markup, so why not give us a break on the ice for a change? Especially as the weather gets colder?

2 Talked Back:

At November 17, 2008 at 8:08:00 PM CST, Blogger Matt and Lori Graber said...

Wendy's huemongus ice cubes are one of my least favorite things in the world, and on top of it (like you said) they over-stuff the cup with the ice.

I always order my drinks with "easy ice". Wendy's makes no differentiation. I've ordered at a McD's that has "automated" drink dispensers. It is automatic from choosing the cup, ice, and filling with prescribed amount of soda. When I do "easy ice", the soda is about 1 1/2 inches from the top. I remove the lid and hand it back to them and say "please fill".

Yes, it's ridiculous. An average price for 20 oz soda around here is $1.59 and up. As you have discovered, apparently those are diamonds--not ice cubes.
My 2 cents...Lori

 

At November 29, 2008 at 11:22:00 PM CST, Blogger Andrew Weaver said...

I agree... their ice packing is uncalled for. I hate it wherever I go, but Wendy's is indeed the worst.

I too say, "easy ice" when I order. No matter where I am at. The soda is actually already cold when it comes out of the fountain. You could go no ice and have a cold soda anyway! I learned that when I went to Britain. The Brits hate ice in their sodas. Most places you have to ASK for ice! Even the fast food places.

Good post, as always.

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home