Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Things Are Slowing Down

It looks like things are definitely slowing down for me these days. That's a general assessment of many areas of my life, but not all of them.

As I sit here, I'm now on my tenth weekday without working. It's getting pretty lonely here. I'm not sitting here avoiding looking for work or anything; I'm on standby with two agencies, and I have a lot of applications and resumes "in the machine". But this waiting business is terrible.

One problem is that I haven't done enough to save extra cash for times like these, so in order to stretch out the dollars I have, I can't really go out and do things, because things cost dollars. I'd like to be able to take some nice, long drives out in the country - but gas ain't cheap. Movies I could watch, but for one thing, I don't like going alone, and obviously, they cost money, too. Sitting on my couch and watching them at home only reminds me how alone I am right now. Everyone I could be potentially spending time with, as far as I know, is at work during the day.

The other factor here is that I really do need to be ready to go at a moment's notice. If I were to get a call to work this evening, for example, I have to be prepared to get there in short order, and I can't be knee-deep in some other adventure.

I've been able to spend a little time drawing the comic. Not nearly as much as I'd like, because after all, I'm like six months behind schedule with the thing, and here's this wonderful opportunity to start catching up. But SITTING HERE ALL DAY IS BORING.

Sorry. I don't mean to be a droopy dog here. I'm really not that bad, I suppose.

2 Talked Back:

At April 6, 2005 at 2:52:00 PM CDT, Blogger nitsuj said...

Hang in there, Stan the Man... I'm at home, too. It's spring break and with my friends enjoying their vacations doing bigger and better things, I would rather work a full schedule than be home alone. Well, only a few more days left this week, and I switched my schedule so I work all day tomorrow instead of doing yard work to earn money for Jamaica. In exactly three months from today, I'm going with a group from church to Catadupa, Jamaica to build houses and spread the Word and such. I applied for my passport today, should be fun times. Well, good luck with your job search (job acquisition, rather), and I'll see you at J&S.

PTM!

 

At April 28, 2005 at 3:34:00 PM CDT, Blogger Scott said...

And I thought "Fred" was fat.

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home