Thursday, August 25, 2005

But no word on who portrayed the ball

I just noticed on IMDb that Stephen King has a listing in the "Himself- Filmography" section of his page, for his "appearance" at the 2004 World Series...

...as a CROWD MEMBER.

Then I clicked on that link, it turns out that every celebrity who was in the crowd is also listed. As well as every commentator. And team member. And four members of the "That 70's Show" cast.

What, no listing for the rest of the audience? What about the beer and hot dog vendors?

5 Talked Back:

At August 25, 2005 at 1:20:00 AM CDT, Blogger Jim said...

you win, 2004 World Series is the strangest web page ever, I was there but I asked not to be listed -- and, even stranger, that you know the cast of That 70's Show by name

 

At August 25, 2005 at 1:32:00 AM CDT, Blogger stan said...

Well, I do like the show, although correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that the first episodes were supposedly set in 1976 - so, seven seasons later, it's still the 70's? They'd better check their math, because they already shot themselves in the foot by airing the flop "That 80's Show"

 

At August 25, 2005 at 1:55:00 AM CDT, Blogger Jim said...

the answer that the producers of M*A*S*H gave when asked about the TV show lasting much longer than the war was that you had to count each episode as a day (maybe two) and not as a week of time -- I did not know there even had been an 80's Show

 

At August 25, 2005 at 2:23:00 AM CDT, Blogger stan said...

I actually haven't watched much of it in the last four years or so, but I think I did catch one episode where they referenced it as 1979...as in, last season or the season before it.

Plus, unlike in "M*A*S*H", the characters clearly age, as we've seen them go through high school and beyond. With older (than 25) adults, it's much easier to mask the passage of time, as everyone generally looks the same year after year.

 

At August 25, 2005 at 5:12:00 PM CDT, Blogger Jim said...

stan -- just read the headline on this post, really funny

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home