Thursday, August 04, 2005

Phone call from the dead

Even though I never get calls from telemarketers on my cell phone (as far as I know), I still won't answer a call if I don't recognize the number on the caller ID. But if I'm at a computer, I'll do a reverse search on the number to see if I know who it was (unless they leave a voice mail).

This morning I got one of those calls, and when I looked the number up, it was assigned to a woman in Hillsboro (about 20 miles west of here). Her name was oh-so-vaguely familiar, so I Googled it. Only three hits, and they were all obituary listings from 2004. Same name, including middle initial - and very unique, so I know it's the same person. The deceased was also from Hillsboro.

So I figure that either her ghost is calling me, or she placed the call last year and it just now rang my phone. Interesting.

3 Talked Back:

At August 4, 2005 at 1:32:00 PM CDT, Blogger SayUnderpants said...

Wow, it's unusual for a dead person to call unless they have something REALLY important to tell you - and of course it's against the rules for them to leave a voicemail message...

 

At August 4, 2005 at 1:42:00 PM CDT, Blogger Jim said...

non - if I did that, no one would ever call. :(

Say -- you seem to know a lot about this, I figured you belonged to the Psychic Friends Network. :)

Stan -- it was Reese Roper, he wants his hat back. ;)

 

At August 4, 2005 at 4:21:00 PM CDT, Blogger Humor Girl said...

I bet you she was trying to contact you from the dead! Dude, you should have a seance and blog about it!

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home