Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Maybe I should just drive in the river

In addition to the apparent doubling of traffic on my morning commute (which requires me to leave ten or more minutes earlier to get to work at the same time as before), now we've got the rain. And wow, is it raining a lot lately.

McLoughlin Blvd. has problems with rainwater drainage. For literally miles of the main thoroughfare, standing water is along both shoulders, and it's causing visibility problems. In the left lane, massive quantities of water splash over the top of the barrier and onto the windshields of opposing traffic. It's unnerving when I already have the wipers on full speed, then a wall of white water hits the glass, blinding me for a second or two. And in the right lane, standing water is twice as deep, so traffic crawls along.

I know that this isn't New Orleans, so I can't complain too much, but we're still keeping more water on the streets than we should.

2 Talked Back:

At November 1, 2005 at 1:37:00 PM CST, Blogger kristen said...

what is the root of all these drainage problems? doesn't portland have tons of rain every year? too many leaves in the gutters or what?

 

At November 1, 2005 at 10:38:00 PM CST, Blogger Katie said...

Amen brother... It took 45 minutes today to crawl in on the Banfield and that's only 1/2 of my nasty commute!

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home