Thursday, December 08, 2005

Priorities

As best as I can tell, I haven't been using this blog for the glory and honor of God. Somewhere along the way, maybe from the beginning, my priorities were not set correctly; I've chosen entertainment and humor over more worthwhile messages.

I don't know what this means yet. I'm not going away, I'm not removing anything; I don't see any changes in my style just yet. I may have to start a separate blog (and yes, Jim, further crash the Internet). I just don't know.

What I need to do for now is to make sure that whatever I write here is in line with the principles of my faith: respecting others, not tearing anyone down (except myself), never putting up questionable or offensive material. This includes my attempts to make you smile or laugh (both of which are definitely good to do).

If this post makes no sense or seems to contradict itself, it's because I'm pretty much writing this on the fly. Do you know how hard it is to get a fly to stand still?

Stay tuned.

4 Talked Back:

At December 8, 2005 at 2:11:00 PM CST, Blogger Jim said...

the fly is probably after the vanilla

 

At December 8, 2005 at 4:31:00 PM CST, Blogger Shirley said...

I think you've done a great job of letting people know what you believe, without alienating anyone. Sometimes it's the smallest gestures that mean the most.

 

At December 9, 2005 at 12:40:00 AM CST, Blogger Katie said...

Do what your conscience leads you to do. I love reading your thoughts. I haven't once thought they were out of line with your personal beliefs. Not too mention you make me laugh.

You know I am always so proud of you when you seek to move in the direction of glorifying God! I'm excited to see its what's on your mind.

 

At December 9, 2005 at 9:54:00 PM CST, Blogger Samuel John Klein said...

Well, if they fly's too much of a hassle, do one of those writing-on-a-grain-of-rice things.

Those're more fashionable anyway.

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home