Sunday, December 11, 2005

"A Win-Win Situation"

Rev. Bob Cryder with wife Jenny.
Last week, a beloved pastor by the name of Bob Cryder passed away. Though I didn't know him, I had the opportunity to hear him preach several times, each time moved beyond words at the man's ability to reflect the love of God and speak His words into my soul.

Rev. Cryder was a very charismatic man who could make you feel like you were good friends and buddies for years. Very well-spoken, and very easy-going. You can read the obituary article for a good history of his life.

Interviewed by the Sacramento Bee (by e-mail) a couple of weeks ago, Rev. Cryder had this to say about the mantle cell lymphoma which ultimately claimed his life:

"...I know that God has allowed cancer into my life, so many great strides are being made with cancer today, and I'm in a win-win situation, no matter what. If I get to stay here with family, friends and Arcade Church, I win, and if I go home to heaven with God, I win also."

The Sacramento Bee Obituary

3 Talked Back:

At December 11, 2005 at 10:29:00 PM CST, Blogger Jim said...

Stan -- you might want to identify the lady in the picture, is that his wife? -- you might also want to add a link for giving memorials (the newspaper requires registration) -- Jim

 

At December 12, 2005 at 12:27:00 AM CST, Blogger stan said...

The lady in the picture is indeed his wife Jenny, sorry about that.

I didn't realize that there was a registration required for the Bee; it didn't require it for me when I Googled his name, but when I followed my own link it did.

I set up a private blog to hold the text of the two stories about Bob Cryder.

 

At December 12, 2005 at 10:32:00 AM CST, Blogger That One Chick You Know said...

Sorry about your loss. He sounded like a good man.

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home