Thursday, June 15, 2006

I'd like a large pizza with mushrooms and extra nomenclature

I just got back from buying a take-and-bake pizza from Papa Murphy's. When I got there, there were a couple of people picking up an order they'd called in. After they left, it was my turn to order.

Despite the fact that I was the only customer in the store, the kid behind the counter still asked for my name. I asked, "Is this in case twenty customers suddenly show up?" (The store was to close 25 minutes later.) "We always have to get a name," he explained. So I told him my name was Sergio Morgan Stanislaus Waldo Iglesias Olaf Mary Elizabeth Arthur Julius Gary Stuart Littlefield Horatio Barker Sixpence Macklin DeWitt Fancho Robbie O'Malley O'Flanagan Nguyen, MD.

By the time I was finished, my pizza was done.

2 Talked Back:

At June 16, 2006 at 7:00:00 PM CDT, Blogger Jim said...

and you really think he didn't spit in your pizza????

 

At June 20, 2006 at 4:57:00 PM CDT, Blogger stan said...

I was watching pretty closely. He didn't spit, although I think he sneaked on a couple of anchovies.

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home