Saturday, April 19, 2008

Almost there...

When I sat down at the computer this morning, I didn't intend to overhaul the blog design.

It started when I was looking at fonts, and I clicked a link to a site I'd seen before: The Gotham font page on typography.com. When I saw the font of the paragraph text on that page, I didn't recognize it, and thought it must have been embedded somehow. I checked the source code and discovered that it was actually an 8.5-point Lucida Sans. I really liked it, so I opened up this blog's template page and tried it out.

I really liked the way Lucida Sans looked here - but when I went to clear the changes, I accidentally clicked on Save Changes. Whoops. Committed. So I decided to just run with it. I have been wanting to revamp this blog for at least a year now, and here was my chance.

So, as you can tell, I haven't finished the changes yet, but I'm pretty close.

3 Talked Back:

At April 20, 2008 at 8:51:00 PM CDT, Blogger Andrew Weaver said...

1. I dig what you've done with the place. I too, recently underwent a remodeling of sorts.
2. Also noticed you linked to my Flickr and site. Appreciate the love. I've enjoyed your Flickr and blog ever since I stumbled across them a while back. Keep it up!
3. I don't have a three. Just seemed pointless to number this if I only had two meaningful things to say.

 

At April 20, 2008 at 9:34:00 PM CDT, Blogger Samuel John Klein said...

I love the new header images. The jokes make me smile and the graphic approach seems kinda -70's-retro in a very cool and updated way.

 

At April 21, 2008 at 7:21:00 AM CDT, Blogger stan said...

I think I do need to make one minor change, though, and that's the location of hosting of the new green sidebar header images. They never all seem to load, and I wonder what's up with that. I thought that uploading to Imageshack might be better than Flickr, but it's proving to be unreliable. So, I'll have to make that change tonight.

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home