Sunday, April 10, 2005

silence

silence

it does not merely conform to the confines of auditory definition: silence is a white wall, the taste of plain water, the smell of pure air, and the open bowl of nakedness.

silence is where the senses are empty, but waiting for stimuli. it is the place where the voice of God is received, in its fullest volume.

when i am still, i can approach silence: the only movements i feel are breaths and beats; my mind turns white, like a fresh canvas; my spirit faces forward, awaiting rays of truth.

when God speaks, His words are not just words: they appeal to the eyes; their taste is that of fruit; they smell like falling rain.

when i, in silence, sense the phrases of His grace, the flavors of forgiveness and intimate images of insight, my mind collects the message, my spirit starts to interpret and my soul consumes the meaning.

and I am satisfied once again in the center of God’s will.

1 Talked Back:

At April 14, 2005 at 12:31:00 PM CDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful words. And thanks for linking to my sight. I will return the favor.

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home