Monday, July 25, 2005

I'm a bit code-stumped...

Well, already I can see that there are definitely a few snags with the code for this new design. Often times, and seemingly randomly, some text gets repeated underneath one of the sidebar boxes, an on the post pages, the one sidebar box I keep there, Previous Posts, seems to do it all the time.

Also, when you click on one of the Archive month pages, most or all of the sidebars are somehow getting kicked to the bottom of the page. I'm trying to figure it out, but I'm starting to see my limitations.

So if any of you have any ideas of what I may be missing or doing wrong, let me know what I can change.

Update: I have solved the random-text problem by moving mostly everything back into one sidebar box. For some reason, the archived month-at-a-time pages are displaying the main content window wider than it is here, thus kicking the sidebar down to the bottom. I'll work on that tomorrow, probably. Also, now the banner images at the top won't show up at all in Firefox. Hmm.

4 Talked Back:

At July 25, 2005 at 11:39:00 AM CDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your doing the HTML by hand?

 

At July 25, 2005 at 11:59:00 AM CDT, Blogger stan said...

Yes, inasmuch as I'm not using an editor. But really I've just tweaked the existing HTML/CSS/JavaScript template more and more until it's become what it is today.

 

At July 25, 2005 at 8:51:00 PM CDT, Blogger meagan said...

I used to see the revolving banner images at top but now I don't. And I use firefox.

(In case that helps you...)

meagan

 

At July 26, 2005 at 10:06:00 AM CDT, Blogger stan said...

Okay, I don't have Firefox here at work, so I can't test it, but I went in and changed the Javascript variable names to something other than "ad", in case that might have been triggering some kind of an ad blocker.

I have a similar problem with my J&S comic site, because I have the title banner stored in a subfolder called "banner", which is one thing a blocker will search for.

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home