Friday, November 04, 2005

Next thing you know, they'll be playing "Deck the Halls" on Labor Day

I went across the street to the deli to grab some lunch, and they had Mix 106.7 playing on their radio. The station was playing the Trans-Siberian Orchestra's version of "Carol of the Bells." That's right, folks. It's November 4, 2005, and a local station is already playing Christmas music.

I think that sets some sort of record. If not the Earliest In The Year Christmas Music Is Played record, then at least the Earliest In The Year I Have Become Sick Of Hearing It.

Call Guinness.

2 Talked Back:

At November 6, 2005 at 1:13:00 AM CST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That reminds me of something a local radiostation here in phoenix does. This station says the amount of days until christmas everyday, but they start doing this in july, so they will say things like "9*.* the holiday station! Only 162 days until christmas!"

 

At December 10, 2005 at 1:36:00 AM CST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiya ##NAME##, just thought I'd say great post titled ##TITLE##. I'm looking for ##LINK## and I ended up here accidentally but I will make sure I return soon. Looking for in addition will keep me busy for a few hours.

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home