Monday, December 12, 2005

After considering a cartoon of Jesus on a unicycle, the publishers settled on a more understated cover

I was checking around on the Net to see if there's anywhere that sells inexpensive copies of the New American Standard Bible, and I ran across Amazon's Bible section. I did a search for "NASB", and though one of the results was much more expensive than my budget, I clicked on it anyway. I was quite amused to see the thumbnail image of this particular edition's cover:

4 Talked Back:

At December 12, 2005 at 8:19:00 PM CST, Blogger Jim said...

it's a special "2001: A Space Odyssey" edition.

have you seen Robert Alter's The Five Books of Moses: A Translation With Commentary -- it is a spectacular work

 

At December 13, 2005 at 12:58:00 PM CST, Blogger meagan said...

Ha hahahaha. I actually clicked on your photo there to see it bigger, to see if I could see like a leather grain or anything to give it interest. Nope.

love meagan.

p.s. Christian Discount Books is where I always order books cheap for New Song. christianbook.com, if you haven't already discovered it..

 

At December 13, 2005 at 2:07:00 PM CST, Blogger Jim said...

Meagan, I clicked it also!!!!!

 

At December 13, 2005 at 3:03:00 PM CST, Blogger stan said...

Maybe when you clicked on it, you were expecting a surprise picture of Jesus on a unicycle. How's about the next best thing.

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home