Monday, December 12, 2005

Yes, it's a free plug for iTunes

I just have to say that I have been loving iTunes. I downloaded it a couple of weeks ago, and have been using it to rip down my entire CD collection. While I'm doing that (from two DVD-ROMs, no less), I am downloading and listening to sermon podcasts. And here's the thing I most appreciate: 99% of the time, when I load a CD, iTunes actually has the correct album information - the track names are spelled correctly, compilations are properly identified, etc. You have no idea how annoying it is to have to manually change every bit of information because some second-rate online CD cataloguing site got it wrong.

I also like that you can share your music across your local network, to as many as five (I think it's five) other computers. If I can just get my roommate to download iTunes, I can share every song in my collection with him.

I haven't even scratched the surface with the video features yet. I can't wait to start downloading episodes of old TV shows ("Knight Rider," "MacGyver," "Quantum Leap,", "The Simpsons," "Futurama," etc.), if and when they become available.

Now all I need is an iPod, and I'll be ready to go. I'd really like the top-of-the-line, 60GB Video iPod, but I can't justify spending $399 on it right now. Anyone want to buy me one for Christmas? In black?

1 Talked Back:

At December 12, 2005 at 12:57:00 PM CST, Blogger meagan said...

I DO know how annoying that is, because that CD catloguing doesn't work for me, apparently. I use itunes regularly to download & burn New Song's Sunday teachings and it is hilarious to see what sorts of titles & artists it comes up with based on what it "hears" in the sermon.

I do love itunes also. I love that it's a mac program that is not discriminating against pc's.

love meagan

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home