Friday, August 26, 2005

Pleace you're orrder todaey!

I checked my PO box earlier this evening, and as I sometimes do, I dumpster-dove in their enormous recycle bin looking for any cool discarded magazines. (The bin's clean, don't worry.) I found the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly, and a couple of catalogs that I really wasn't interested in.

Except there was one catalog for personalized photo albums that happened to be opened to a page which caught my eye. As I looked closer, I came to the conclusion that whoever actually makes these albums does not know how to spell worth a darn:


I'm sorry, but I couldn't in good conscience spend my money on an album which, in all likelihood, would arrive at my doorstep emblazoned with the words, "MY SUMER VACATOIN TO YELLWOSTONNE PARRK".

4 Talked Back:

At August 26, 2005 at 10:59:00 AM CDT, Blogger Jim said...

Stan -- I have come back and looked at this a dozen times this morning -- isn't "Smokey" spelled correctly -- is this some kind of trick you're playinng on the dyslexic ?

 

At August 26, 2005 at 11:32:00 AM CDT, Blogger stan said...

According to the National Park Service, it's Smoky, without the E. In fact, if you do a Google search on "smokey mountains", the only hits you get are with the corrected spelling.

 

At August 26, 2005 at 11:45:00 AM CDT, Blogger Jim said...

I guess I was confusing the mountains with the bear. my mistake. bad Jim.

 

At August 26, 2005 at 5:22:00 PM CDT, Blogger Jim said...

oh, that would explain these scratches -- I thought my instructions were "See now fur is to climb?" rather than "See how far you can climb?" -- I'll start immediately

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home