Thursday, December 15, 2005

But do you have any products that absorb spilled bacon grease?

Here's an interesting idea:

Say you want to start a company that makes industrial absorbants for oil spill cleanup. You've worked out the formulas, created the business plan, secured the capital, built a factory, hired your employees, and worked out the sales and distribution channels. What's left? Creating a corporate image. You hire a design firm, run focus groups and ultimately decide what your brand will be.

Naturally, you'll choose a porcine theme, with a large cartoon pig as a mascot and a facility located on Pork Avenue. Because that idea isn't completely wacko. Well, think again, Porky, that idea's taken.

(From the website: "We're fun, crazy, and literally insane about our marketing, but when it comes to the quality and performance of our products, we're totally serious.")

12 Talked Back:

At December 15, 2005 at 4:45:00 PM CST, Blogger Jim said...

it's a great company, with terrific products and fast service -- I order from them every year, for the garage floor, to absorb the snow melt off of the car -- I've used both the gray universal mat pads and the mat rolls, they suck up water like crazy -- this year I ordered the absorbent socks. they are long and yellow and Rooty thinks they are stuffed toy snakes

 

At December 15, 2005 at 5:08:00 PM CST, Blogger stan said...

I took a closer look at their website. It looks like they have some pretty cool, useful stuff there. I'm glad I checked out a second time, because I noticed that we had their e-mail address misspelled in our vendor records - see, I've been working!

The 20th Hamiversary Pig Hat is now at the top of my list of things I don't want for Christmas. But a company T-shirt would be awesome.

 

At December 15, 2005 at 6:29:00 PM CST, Blogger Jim said...

but...it's a really odd name

 

At December 16, 2005 at 12:57:00 PM CST, Blogger kristen said...

love the new photo of you shaving. was that taken with the crappy camera phone?

 

At December 16, 2005 at 1:07:00 PM CST, Blogger stan said...

Actually, I have tiny cameras implanted into my eyes, just like in the movie The Final Cut. This was just me looking in the mirror. :)

 

At December 16, 2005 at 4:15:00 PM CST, Blogger Jim said...

shaving? I thought someone hit you with a pie! too bad

 

At December 16, 2005 at 4:30:00 PM CST, Blogger stan said...

Well, they did, but it was blackberry pie.

 

At December 16, 2005 at 8:08:00 PM CST, Blogger Jim said...

I had forgotten about your beard, thanks for reminding me

 

At December 16, 2005 at 9:38:00 PM CST, Blogger Samuel John Klein said...

Ah ha! So that's why he doesn't have his beard anymore!

Give him his beard back, Jim!

 

At December 16, 2005 at 10:58:00 PM CST, Blogger Jim said...

SJK -- stan bought some absorbent pads from NEWPIG and they sucked the whiskers right off his face

 

At December 18, 2005 at 10:53:00 AM CST, Blogger Samuel John Klein said...

Oh, my.

NEWPIG's startin' to scare me, man.

 

At December 21, 2005 at 3:39:00 PM CST, Blogger Jim said...

here is what the newpig water-sucking tubes look like -- absorb-tubes

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home