Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Please come visit my Avalon Hideaway With Bungalow Face

The idea behind the spam trapper was that those comment spam bots only seemed to dump their poop on the most recent blog post; thus, if the trapper is the most "recent", or has the latest date, it should act as the spam trap. Unfortunately, it seems that they've gotten wise, and are now sprinkling their garbage all over my older posts. One post from March attracted more than 30 spam comments. So now I have to go through and clean them out of there.

Two spams of note (links removed), which I put here because they were funny or extra sneaky:
At 4:34 AM, Water & Fire said...

I have been visiting sites all day and I really like what you have done with your blog. I found your site just after I visited Avalon Hideaway With Bungalow Face Pocatello. Kind a lame if you ask me. Who cares.. I'm here now! Have a good one!
Yes, I can't wait to experience the latest trend in skin care: Bungalow Face.
At 7:12 PM, Anonymous said...

nice blog enjoyed it :)

Keep up the excellent work! and i bookmarked u!

so cant wait for ur next post! :)

Thanks!!
Now, the name wasn't linked to a profile page, and none of the words or phrases had links either. So you might ask yourself, how do you know it's spam? Because they hid the links in the exclamation points.

I don't want to have to turn word verification on, but if I see more spam after cleaning this batch out, I'll have to. Sorry, kids.

2 Talked Back:

At December 13, 2005 at 1:05:00 PM CST, Blogger meagan said...

Sometimes I'm tempted to click on links like that "Avalon Hideaway with Bungalow Face" just to figure out what exact craziness they're talking about. But I don't want to encourage them, so I don't.

 

At December 13, 2005 at 2:59:00 PM CST, Blogger Jim said...

so, the point of blocking spam if you are going to include it in your post would be????????? :)

comment moderation seemed to work better for me, I still got spam posted when word verification turned on -- but then I have no life and never sleep so even with comment moderation the blog was still real time...

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home