The one and only list I'll ever do
I normally don't do these lists (I avoid calling them
Blogging about... Blogging
1. Do you try to look hot when you go to the grocery store just in case someone recognizes you from your blog? (edited) I shop at Winco, where most customers don't even know what a computer is, much less a blog.
2. Are the photos you post Photoshopped or otherwise altered? Unaltered, at least the ones with me actually in them
3. Do you like it when creeps or dorks email you? Hasn't happened, but bring on the dorks; no creeps, please.
4. Do you lie in your blog? There's not enough room in here to sit, much less lie down.
5. Are you passive-aggressive in your blog? I don't know...maybe someone will tell me what that means.
6. Do you ever threaten to quit writing so people will tell you not to stop? I wouldn't do that, honest.
7. Are you in therapy? If not, should you be? No, and probably not.
8. Do you delete mean comments? Do you fake nice ones? I delete spam and inappropriate subject matter. I edit and repost comments with swearing. I don't fake nice comments.
9. [This question is not appropriate subject matter for this blog.]
10. If your readers knew you in person, would they like you more or like you less? I don't know, I'm kind of a dork. They might find me more boring, if anything.
11. Do you have a job? For now.
12. If someone offered you a decent salary to blog full-time without restrictions, would you do it? Oh yes, and I'd try to post 100 times a day.
13. Which blogger do you want to meet in real life? See the "Blogs I Read" column at right. Pretty much those people. Dave Barry would be cool to meet. Maybe the Anonymous Lawyer, even though he's probably a jerk :)
14. Which bloggers have you made out with? Exactly zero. Unless there's an old girlfriend with a blog that I don't know about.
15. Do you usually act like you have more money or less money than you really have? I'm pretty much always poor. No secrets there.
16. Does your family read your blog? I know my mom does sometimes, maybe some extended family. I keep my blog clean so that my 92-year-old grandma wouldn't be offended if she were to read it.
17. How old is your blog? I started it in June 2003 but didn't blog in earnest until February 2005. I started all of my other blogs this year.
18. Do you get more than 1000 page views per day? Do you care? No, I get anywhere from 20 to 100 a day, and I don't care about that. I check the stats mainly to see what humorous web searches brought people here.
19. Do you have another secret blog in which you write about being depressed, slutty, or a liar? I have several non-public blogs. One is an image dump and template tester. One is supposed to be for the county letterhead project (which I'm giving up, by the way). One is for another project idea along the lines of Stuff on My Cat (but with no cats).
20. Have you ever given another blogger money for his/her writing? No
21. Do you report the money you earn from your blog on your taxes? Nothing to claim.
22. Is blogging narcissistic? I suppose it can be. (HEY EVERYONE, COME AND SEE HOW GOOD I LOOK)
23. Do you feel guilty when you don't post for a long time? By long time, you mean like more than 6 hours since the last post? Maybe if it's been a couple of days. Six hours, no. I do keep telling myself it's time for a week off (but not to get attention - see #6).
24. Do you like John Mayer? I don't even like Oscar Mayer.
25. Do you have enemies? Not as far as I know.
26. Are you lonely? Sometimes, but not usually.
27. Why bother? Because.